Saturday, October 27, 2012

STILL STANDING



I'm linking to Beverly's PINK SATURDAY Breast Cancer Awareness Day..






I looked in  my rearview mirror yesterday, thinking, “Was that REALLY a rose still blooming?”   We parked and walked back to see, and just the surrounding drifts of leaves, the drab colors, the wavering wisps of all the other blooms---those just faded to background around the one bright pink rose,  rising above and standing unbowed against the elements and the winds.

 

And so I’m offering this little bit of lagniappe-amongst-the-leaves for all our Daughters, Granddaughters, Sisters, Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, Cousins, Nieces, Friends we know, Friends we’ve never met, and anyone else whose life is or might be touched in any way, until they find the cure. 

 

Not the last Rose of Summer, but a flag of Hope and Cheer and Encouragement.







4 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is a beautiful tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness. The rose is stunning and inspiring. Thank you.

    I do have family that have suffered terrible with breast cancer. Thank God they are survivors. This terrible disease touches so many of us.

    We lost the game...sigh. However, the Gators are having a great season. We are proud of them.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday, my sweet and dear Rachel. I always love finding you here.

    This surely must be a rose of hope.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It touched my soul, as my husband poisons all my lovely roses I could not tend to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, of the two black thumbs, have ONE lovely red rosebud on an otherwise dormant bush. Sigh - pink roses! I wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete