Thursday, May 17, 2012

ANGELS UNEMPLOYED



I've come to the startling and sad realization that a lot of my Angels have become cobwebby and dusty from disuse, and so I'm setting out into this lovely
sunny cool day, to do some dusting off and sprucing up and polishing---in every sense.

Maybe even a good douse-and-scrub with the hose is in order---couldn't hurt.


I think we all let our angels sit on the shelf too much, getting musty when they could be out seeing to things we can't see to ourselves.   We just muddle through things and let things slide, forgetting about our angels or walking past them without recognition.    

When we miss the moments, the chances, the great glorious explosion of sunrise or the little spots of BRIGHT, they retreat into might-have-been, and what if, hoping for Next Time.

Angels don't pout or resent or stomp off in a huff, and they welcome us with joy each time we return,  jumping right in with the same enthusiasm and grace every time.

And if you're like me, most days we need every one we've got.

7 comments:

  1. Go for it,it will make you feel better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your angels' wings are bright and fluttering freely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the thought of letting our angels get out and about to do what they do. Thanks for making my day with an inspiring message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right. We need all the angels we can get.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take care of those pretty angels.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile when you wrote about Angels. Yout discription of them reminded of so many of our blogger friends..that always greet us, our idea's, our joys the happenings in our daily lives, with joy, warmth and approval etc. And when we experience sadness in life's tradgedy's they are there with heartfelt sympathy and and understanding. Angels? I've often wondered.

    Racheld, thank you for your sweet comment and for sharing your finds with me. Be sure and show us what you found.
    I went today but found almost nothing. But, it was fun! Always a good time.
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. Our little "Andrew" (my grandmother named him that) needs a good dusting, too. The trouble there is we have something like a 18 ft ceiling in that room and if we try to get up there to dust him off... well, we might be hanging out with Andrew permanently. :p

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, and have a Happy Sunday filled with laziness!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete