Sunday, February 9, 2014

IN OTHER FOLKS' WORDS

 
Journal Jottings of things to think about:
 
 
"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." ~ Marcel Proust  
 

 

"Somehow, taking tea together encourages an atmosphere of intimacy when you slip off the timepiece in your mind and cast your fate to a delight of tasty tea, tiny foods, and thoughtful conversation." Greco
 


They're sort of clenched teeth amicable.   Leilah at EH
 

Reacher, when he had to buy a suit: 
The whole ensemble looked exactly like a hundred dollars grudgingly spent at the outlet mall ahead of a sister-in-law’s second wedding.  




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails. But it is not this day! A day may come when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this 
day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!” 
      JRRT via Aragorn at Morannon

 

The real truth is...when we are tested and we still hang on for dear life, we know everything will be alright. Sometimes we need the love from others to keep us going but the hope is there. Most important of all is the love that we have to give to those whose very smiles we adore. It is what makes our world go round and life so worth living.    JEANNE AT BACKYARD NEIGHBOR
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Firefly - whatever suit cancelled that series needs to be plopped down in the middle of Comic-Con with a sign.  BarensMom
 
 

 
"Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae."   KURT VONNEGUT, JR.
 
 
 

 Honestly, it was like a harmonic convergence of halfwits …  Mrs. G, Derfwad Manor
 

Live Intentionally   Faith, Hope and Cherrytea 
 
 
And such words. Like the popcorn strand on the tree, each word may not stand out, but strung together, with just enough of the eye-catching cranberry words for 'pop, you make lovely strands.   Koign Aman   Christmas 2010

 
 
 

This is what I need to say: Even through you can't dance with me anymore, I still miss you holding my hand close to your heart and your other hand behind my back so that I would not fall. You are the worn out boots that carried me home from the lower pasture when I could not walk on my own, you are the flannel shirt that keeps me warm when the wind blows, you sing me back home when the other words drown out the song in my heart. You are not the wind beneath my wings, but the two by four that holds the roof up over my head.   The Other Kate in a comment on Derfwad Manor
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel, It is wonderful to be here today visiting your wonderful posts. I have definitely been on a break and I have missed you. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the quote I wrote from my heart to encourage a friend who was in a state of depression. Thank you so much for thinking it was worthy of joining all the awesome quotes you shared on this post. I don't know why but I saved it when I wrote it. I do not remember when I might have shared it with you. I truly believe in those words with all my heart.

    I have been busy entertaining my cousin Bob for four weeks. He left on Monday to go to SC to visit another cousin. They are having an ice storm that is so bad and we are having a snow storm that will keep us on our mountain for days. He left a day early to escape this snow and is now in a bad storm of solid ice. Such is life sometimes.

    I hope you and your family are well and full of happy experiences with adorable Sweetpea.

    Stay warm my dear friend.
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I thought I should mention that I read and commented on your recent posts. I am thinking about my surprise when I might go back to one of my posts to find someone had visited that I missed. I am sorry I have been "missing in action."

    I loved each post as always. You write in a way that touches me so much.
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these quotations! But I adore the first picture. What an angel.

    ReplyDelete