Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HE'S POOPED!


One of the first blogs I ever read was one of the BIG ones---just because I’d heard of it.   In the only  post I ever read, she was defending discussing diapers and poop and other matters on her blog, because lots of Mommies read it.

And today---so as to follow what I’ve heard is popular, and perhaps raise the tone of things around here---here goes:      As  Caro and Sweetpea and I sat on the soft cool breeze patio with our coffee, FuzzyPup needed the attentions of the baggie squad---quite early, for his routine is five-minutes-before-supper and get all the day’s activities out of the way, so as to have more naps.

And THEN, as I looked up just a little while later, there he was AGAIN---same as before.   Baggie, ditto.

So, when Sweetpea was ready for her “long walk,” I decided to take him along, though it’s always been a problem of criss-cross, stop, look, cross, trip, Fuzzy's succumbing to all the bygone collected spoor of the walking trail to stop to poop, entangle, stop, veer off, etc., when they’ve gone together.   

And just as we neared the last turn toward home, there he went AGAIN, with my first impulse to just yank him away.   I cannot think what I thought I could accomplish by that.   And of course, with the already-extra this morning, it had never occurred to me that he’d excuse himself a THIRD time, so I had only phone and key in my pocket.

But on all that expanse of neatly-mowed, impeccably-tended grass, there was ONE piece of cellophane fluttering on the ground nearby, and I did what I had to do.    It was only the serendipity of seeing my dear five-down-neighbor (also a dog-walker) out on the porch, that got us a baggie for the trip home.

Otherwise, I’d have been shepherding Sweetpea, corralling Fuzzy, tripping and tangling and veering as usual, all the while gingerly carrying poop in a dangerously-folded Planter’s wrapper.

And how is YOUR day?

8 comments:

  1. My day is all the better for you providing this vision. I am holding my sides laughing.

    God bless you, Rachel.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing for sure, I have never had a day like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once or twice Miss Daisy has surprised me by needing a poop baggie when I thought it was just a quick "wet only" trip outside. I've made do with a handful of pine straw to scoop it up and then it was all carefully placed under a bush to give it some "fertilizer". LOL

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO funny, Rachel! I can just picture you juggling all that STUFF! Poor Fuzzy Pup ... he must have eaten something that didn't agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how funny! In a good way, of course.

    My day, thus far, has not involved carrying poop, so there is that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my DEAR! I guess that I was lucky that my sweet Otis abhorred walkies and just liked wandering around the yard. I am blessed to have never had to do the 'baggie patrol'! Poor Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finn is happy to just go out into the backyard. He is too hard for me to walk right now because he pulls me so hard. However I have to be careful when I go traipsing through the yard! Or I will be the one who gets the big surprise.

    ReplyDelete