Saturday, March 20, 2010

SATURDAY SILLIES--PUZZLES

I just picked up this one above from the internet, so I haven't solved one of the boxes, yet.


I DO love puzzles, especially word puzzles---the cleverer, the more I admire and enjoy them.

The ones I work most are these, and I recommend them highly---they're typical Brit puzzles, with puns, hidden words, anagrams, backwards answers, etc., and sometimes the Brit spelling will throw the diagram off for American spellings, but that's all part of the fun.



http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~wgh/crosspuz2.htm


And then there are this kind:



Winter's Cautionary Tale:



If the Bmt, put:



If the B. putting:



Don't put:
a-der



Udbn*it



Playwright of Numbers:


IIIIOOO


All answers welcome, and I'd love it if anyone has favorite puzzles of their own to share!! Solutions on Monday, if they haven't all been solved before then.

And now, if only I could work out the vagaries of this blog spacing. Pooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment