Thursday, September 23, 2010

FALL, DAMMIT!

Oh, why did I overstep myself yesterday, showing the shady lawn and the Autumn flowers and talking about cooler weather??!!

It's NINETY degrees here---right now, this minute---As Fall Turns In Indiananna!!!

And gonna be NINETY-FIIIIIVE this p.m. Records broken, lawns shriveling, fire-watch in effect for the first time in my memory.

Oh. My. And SIS is talking Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee and fireplaces and football weather in TEXAS. Poo.


HAPPY FALLLLLL, Y'ALL!

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, thanks for the play on a word. You really made me laugh. It is so appropriate for the hot weather some are suffering still. Like where you live. On your previous post you would never know your lovely yard is in a heat wave. Love the pics of the outdoors.

    Yesterday we played bridge in the afternoon and had company for dinner. I visited hardly anyone. I will post the dinner tomorrow. A lovely evening for all, especially since my sister brought Margaritas. Mmmmm. I had the wine all ready and no one drank a drop. We, six of us, loved the surprise drinks.

    Happy day to you and yours.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way. It's still very much summer here in Florida. I did feel a "tee-niny" coolness when I rode my bike first thing this morning, but it's HOT now.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure where you live but it must be in the south your blog is new to me and I enjoy it.
    I live in Arkansas and it is hot and dry here and not like fall at all.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel. It got up to 100 yesterday in Memphis. Come on Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your title, Rachel ... and can relate. Hang in there! Fall's got to be right around the corner. The question is, WHICH corner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 98 high today in Richmond. I'm ready to move to Canada. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete