Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ROADTRIP

Yesterday, y'all were missing---today, it's MEEEE.

I've been invited on an afternoon's excursion down into Kentucky, and who, on this lovely day, could resist? Especially with such charming company.

Now I have my bag all packed with my journal, my good pen, a couple of pretty magazines, a book of "interesting trees" and a few of these:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~wgh/crosspuz1.htm

If you're a crossword addict, as I am, these are FABULOUS!!! Lots of hidden meanings and anagrams and puns, and all within the frame of a perfect crossword.

And we always carry a book on CD, for we like a lot of the same authors, and on a long journey, we get wrapped up in other places, other times, and our own time just flies with the miles.

Possibly more this evening, of the day and scenery and people and fun places and a new place for lunch---whatever comes.

Until----ROADTRIP!!

ETA: The link didn't seem to be working, so I linked it again.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your day was filled with lagniappe, Rachel ... I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope you will be entertaining a picnic, Rachel.

    I'll be back to hear all the details, enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE a roadtrip! Have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roadtripping ourselves. Most lunches a picnic of new cheeses (to us) and rolls. Evenings with cups of tea (weak and sweet for the wee one).
    Sausage rolls and mince pies (not what they are in the US. Here in New Zealand they are decidedly savory and quite delicious).
    Crisp snappy apples and the best carrots ever.

    Cant wait to read about your day. Bought internet access tonight just to catch up on all the posts I've missed.

    ReplyDelete