Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GROWING

In all the maybe and the perhaps and the freezes of the last few days of what-should-be-Spring, I encountered this morning a lovely promise, an age-old one ancient as earth and seed---a lovely moment captured by my friend Janie at

http://southernlagniappe.blogspot.com/

It's a wonderful blending of the season, the generations, and the mysteries of planting and harvest, as well as a child's wonder in the learning and the hands-in-the-dirt lessons handed down by generations.

This is one of the reasons I go back time after time, to the images and stories from the Mississippi writers and photographers---listen to the music of Spring:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4f4455344e5445354e773d3d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I can't tell you how much it meant to me for you to feature my today's post on your blog. My parents were here this morning and I showed it to them and they were so impressed by your kind words. I have shown your blog to my mama several times and she, too, loves your gracious way with word.

    That was so kind of you, and I'm flattered and honored that you thought enough of it to put it on your blog.

    Sincerely,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete