Saturday, March 3, 2018

ONE HUNDRED YEARS!



Image result for painting of two horse and buggies




I woke up this morning remembering that today is Grandmother and Papa White’s 100th Anniversary.  She was five years older than he (just like I am than Chris, only he was 19 and she, 24) and his Mama took to her bed for about a week and wouldn’t get up. 

The young folks left the house in their Sunday clothes, heading the buggy for the Preacher’s house to get him to marry them, and always said the angels must have guided them, for they “met the Preacher in the middle of the road.”   They just sat in the buggies and had what they called a “sitting down” wedding, with them facing one way and he the other.   They were married for 68 years, til he passed away in 1986, and she soon after.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And I do hope that you all know that I’m still here, reading and enjoying all your blogs and activities and adventures, seeing your happiness and creativity and hopes and joys, as well as your heroic and stalwart progress against odds and sorrows and trials.   My heart is with you in all your endeavours---I just still haven’t got past this little glitch which causes GOOGLE to disremember me at every turn.  Contrary to some opinions, I’m just lost out here in the atmosphere, and not pouting, traveling or passed on.  My e-mail is in my profile, should you ever want or need to drop by.   Moire non when I can correspond once again,

r

6 comments:

  1. Sure hope things pick up for you. I love the story of the young people getting married. and it lasted 68 years...wonderful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back my dear R. I hope you and your family are in good health. How wonderful to read the romantic story about your grandparents getting married. I think they deserve a medal for being married for 68 years! I look forward to the day when you return to our company once again as 'lawn tea' conjures up the imagery of sipping tea while we slow down our pace in the company of a charming friend and listening to your idiosyncratic stories and anecdotes from bygone days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My memory fails me Rachel, but I am proud you still remember things. I am sure you are enjoying the winter with your joie d'vivre. See, I can't even remember my spelling. Hope spring is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the internet world is being so mean to you. Hope it gets fixed soon. What a lovely way to remember your grandparents. My great-grandparents made it to 70 years together. But she was 19 and he was 24. I like the "sitting down wedding." How cool was that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post about your Grandparents.
    I hope you're able to get your technology problems resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely story and my travels have kept me away from here far too long.

    ReplyDelete