Friday, November 20, 2015

WATERMELON WINE





Apropos of nothing, really, but sort of stream-of-consciousness (but in my scattery mind, it’s usually a whizbang mishmash of ten thousand thoughts, whirling past those second-base-synapses napping on post and too late to capture).

I haven’t been posting much, for after all the froofraw of the kitchen clutter and mutter and chaos, after the shining-white and pink were finally established in all their crisp glory, and the last pink spatula parked upright in the old crockery pitcher, an electrical problem came to light, as it were, so we’ve had to have that worked on (appointments for estimates, appointments for measuring, appointments for the doing of the job, plus an appointment with the two kind young men who come and TAKE DOWN said cabinets so the wire-guy can do his work, and then three consecutive cancelled appointments to actually DO the wiring, with cabinets and contents scattered about on tables and floors for three weeks)---after all THAT, with time for five of our Lovies to arrive for Thanksgiving week, we finally got the original putter-upper guys to re-attach cabinets and we’ll start again after Christmas.

I swear, there’s been enough WHINE around here to overflow the Loire region and Napa, all at once.   When that thought hit me this morning, I thought immediately of DEAR Tom T. Hall and his watermelon wine, and felt better.

If you’ve never heard him sing, please DO.  Takes me back, takes me Out Of, and fills my heart

7 comments:

  1. Send some this way Rachel. The Dish people have been to the new house 4 times and the internet people have to come back again. Movers lost the antique iron bed rails: on and on it goes. But, your new cabinets? I'd need that bottle of wine. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tasted watermelon wine. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, not only have I not heard of watermelon wine, I've not had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Hall filling my heart. Off to investigate further.

    Happy to hear the kitchen is on the mend, especially as Thanksgiving is just around the bend, and it will be on duty and at the forefront of events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, and all here at one of the biggest cooking times, Thanksgiving. I am praying for you to be able to have it all done before next week. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh- yeah...Watermelon wine - I remember that...and Strawberry wine, too....lol

    It will be nice to have that kitchen done, won't it? Hope it gets finished but-if it doesn't- you will just have to wing it. That happened to me a couple of years ago. So aggravating but you do what do and "let it go" as the song says.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! Didn't the good kitchen fairies know that you were already so grateful and thrilled with your new kitchen?! You really didn't need any additional kitchen pains to "make you even more grateful".

    I declare that all kitchen cranks be gone. And, thoughts of watermelon wine could definitely make me smile, too. Sounds totally refreshing, and goodness knows it being so pretty could only make it even more tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, POO! Hope it’s all fixed up by now. One benefit of being so far behind is that I can be fairly certain that any problems have been resolved or else I’d have heard about it through other channels! ;-)

    ReplyDelete